THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES, AMONGST OTHER ITEMS, HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY.
GHN-ONLINE takes its obligations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") very seriously. Please click here to proceed directly to our HIPAA related disclosure.
PERSONAL USE OF CONTENTS
The content of the Site is for your personal, noncommercial use. Content copied, downloaded or printed must retain all the copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. For commercial use of any portion of the contents you must secure the written consent from GHN-ONLINE.
HIPAA Privacy Notice
Under a new federal law called the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 or HIPAA, certain companies which provide services related to the health care industry are required to provide information in relation to policies and practices regarding the privacy and security of information. Since you have chosen to access our Site, we are providing the following information to you:
GHN-ONLINE's employees and business associates are required to comply with standards that protect the confidentiality of Personal Health Information (as defined in HIPAA). GHN-ONLINE protects Personal Health Information from inappropriate use or disclosure. GHN-ONLINE only uses and discloses Personal Health Information when there is an appropriate reason to do so, such as to administer claims payment.
GHN-ONLINE will not disclose Personal Health Information to any other company for their use in marketing their products to you. However, as described below, we will use and disclose Personal Health Information for business purposes relating to the payment of claims and claims processing:
- For Payment: We may use and disclose Personal Health Information in the process of receiving payment for benefits under your insurance coverage. GHN-ONLINE may disclose Personal Health Information to insurance carriers and providers to coordinate benefits with respect to a particular claim or payment-related functions, such as eligibility determination, audit and review, or to assist with your inquiries. Protected information may also be disclosed to secondary clearinghouses.
- For Health Care Operations: We may also use and disclose Personal Health Information for our clearinghouse operations. These purposes include providing information to affiliates for administering insurance or services, and processing transactions. We may also disclose Personal Health Information to business associates outside of GHN-ONLINE if they need to receive Personal Health Information to provide a service to us, and if they will agree to abide by specific HIPAA rules relating to the protection of Personal Health Information. Examples of business associates are: providers, billing companies, data processing companies, or companies that provide general administrative services. Personal Health Information may be disclosed for audit or claim review reasons. Personal Health Information may also be disclosed as part of a potential merger or acquisition involving our business in order to make an informed business decision regarding any such prospective transaction.
- As Required by Law: We may also use or disclose Protected Health Information to the extent required by law. Examples of this type of disclosure would be disclosures to state or federal authorities responsible for operating Medicare, Medicaid, or other governmental payment programs, or disclosures pursuant to a court order in connection with litigation.
- Other Uses of Personal Health Information: Other uses and disclosures of Personal Health Information not covered by this notice and permitted by the laws that apply to us will be made only with written authorization of the patient or that of their legal representative. If we are authorized to use or disclose Personal Health Information, the patient or their legally authorized representative may revoke that authorization, in writing, at any time, except to the extent that we have taken action relying on the authorization.
Amendments to Personal Health Information
Requests can be made to amend Personal Health Information that is maintained by GHN-ONLINE upon request of other covered entities, provided the request is in writing and includes the reason for the request, and is submitted to GHN-ONLINE, Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 12655 N. Central Expressway, Suite 550, Dallas, Texas 75243, Facsimile: (214) 696-5830.
Right to a List of Disclosures
Requests for a list of the disclosures GHN-ONLINE has made of Personal Health Information concerning individuals can be made for disclosures that do not include disclosures made for treatment, payment, health care operations, made to law enforcement or to corrections personnel, for purposes of national security or made pursuant to authorization or made directly to the individual. To request this list, you must submit your request in writing to GHN-ONLINE, Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 12655 N. Central Expressway, Suite 550, Dallas, Texas 75243, Facsimile: (214) 696-5830. Your request must state the time period from which you want to receive a list of disclosures. The time period may not be longer than six years and may not include dates before April 14, 2003. Your request should indicate in what form you want the list (for example, on paper or electronically). The first list you request within a 12-month period will be free. We may charge you for responding to any additional requests. We will notify you of the cost involved and you may choose to withdraw or modify your request at that time before any costs are incurred.
Right to File a Complaint
GHN-ONLINE is required by law to comply with the federal standards established to protect your health information and your privacy. If you believe your privacy has been compromised by any member of our staff, you may ask to speak with the Chief Privacy Officer to file a formal complaint or contact us by email by clicking here. You may also file a complaint with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) directly.
Use of Site
Your use of the Site is at the sole discretion of GHN-ONLINE, who may deny you further use of the Site at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. Your use of the Site does not entitle you to continued use of the Site.
Your use of the Site must always comply with applicable law. In particular, but without limitation, you agree and represent not to use the Site to:
- (a) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- (b) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- (c) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; or
- (d) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, network, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
Links to Other Sites
The Site may contain links to third party websites. Any links that are provided are not intended to state or imply that GHN-ONLINE sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. GHN-ONLINE makes no warranties, explicit or implied, regarding the performance of the links, the performance of the outside sites or the contents of the outside sites. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD COMPLETELY HARMLESS GHN-ONLINE AND ITS AFFILIATES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS BASED UPON THE NEGLIGENCE OF GHN-ONLINE, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE MATERIALS IT CONTAINS, AND ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
(a) YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. GHN-ONLINE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH INFORMATION, AND ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE WILL FULFILL ANY OF YOUR PARTICULAR PURPOSES OR NEEDS.
(b) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
(c) NO INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM GHN-ONLINE OR THROUGH THIS SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT GHN-ONLINE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF GHN-ONLINE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
- (a) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE;
- (b) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
- (c) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR
- (d) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON, OR REFUSE TO ABIDE BY THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, GHN-ONLINE'S LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL IN NO CASE EXCEED $100. YOU FURTHER AGREE NOT TO JOIN IN ANY LAWSUIT WITH ANOTHER PERSON OR SERVE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST GHN-ONLINE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE.
GHN-ONLINE SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATIONS ON THIRD PARTY SITES IN RELATION TO THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS SITE.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site is protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress and other intellectual property rights.
- (a) GHN-ONLINE grants you a personal, revocable, non-transferable, and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of the Site on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the software for the Site except and only to the extent that such activity is permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- (b) The logos, and other service marks and service names of GHN-ONLINE ("Marks") are owned or licensed by GHN-ONLINE. You agree not to copy, display or otherwise use any of the Marks without the prior written permission of GHN-ONLINE. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Marks may not be used in any manner likely to cause confusion, disparage or dilute these marks and/or in connection with any product or service that is not authorized or sponsored by GHN-ONLINE.
- (c) The entire Site, and all object code and source code, text, graphics, multimedia content, including but not limited to images, illustrations, html and other mark up languages, and all scripts within the site associated therewith, are Copyright 2000 - 2010, GHN-ONLINE, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. The copyrighted and proprietary property of GHN-ONLINE may not be duplicated or used without GHN-ONLINE's express prior written consent.
Our users are given the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having their information used for purposes not directly related to the Site at any point where we ask for the information. Users who no longer wish to receive e-mail which GHN-ONLINE may send, may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying with the term "unsubscribe" in the subject line of the email or by emailing GHN-ONLINE at email@example.com.
This Site is not directed at children under the age of 21 and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 21. If GHN-ONLINE obtains actual knowledge that it has obtained personal information about a child under the age of 21, that information is immediately and permanently deleted from our records.
GHN-ONLINE may update, revise, supplement, modify or amend this Agreement at any time. Any updates, revisions, supplements, modifications or amendments shall be effective immediately upon its posting on the Site. You agree that you will be bound by this Agreement, however and whenever it is updated, revised, supplemented, modified, or amended, whether you have actual or constructive notice of, and whether you have used or continue to use the Site after, the updates, revisions, supplements, modifications or amendments.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and GHN-ONLINE with respect to your use of the Site. There are no other representations, warranties, terms, agreements or conditions, either written or oral, with respect to your use of the Site except as set forth in this Agreement. If you are a customer of GHN-ONLINE who has a written agreement with GHN-ONLINE, this Agreement is subject to, and governed by, the terms of any such written agreement you have entered into with GHN-ONLINE.
If any provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void, voidable or unenforceable for any reason, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Governing Law and Venue
GHN-ONLINE's principal office is in the State of Texas and this Web site is controlled by GHN-ONLINE from its offices within the State of Texas, United States of America. The Site can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these jurisdictions has laws and regulations that may differ from those of Texas, by accessing this Web site both you and GHN-ONLINE agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to use of this Site (whether grounded in tort, contract, law or equity). In the case of a dispute, you and GHN-ONLINE agree any litigation arising between the parties hereto shall be brought only in the state or federal courts having subject matter jurisdiction in Dallas County, Texas. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the jurisdiction of any such court and hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive any defense of an inconvenient forum to the maintenance of any action or proceeding in any such court, any objection to venue with respect to any such action or proceeding, and any right of jurisdiction on account of the place of residence or domicile of any party thereto.
GHN-ONLINE may terminate your right to use this Site, with or without cause at any time in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, your violation of this Agreement, failure to provide accurate registration data, and lack of use. In the event of termination, all representations, warranties, indemnifications, and promises made by you shall survive.
If you have a comment, question or request, or if you need to contact GHN-ONLINE for any other reason, there are three easy ways to do so.
- E-mail: You can e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone Number: You may call us at 214.696.5717. If you call after normal business hours, please leave a message and your telephone number. We will get back to you as quickly as possible. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
- U.S. Mail: Send mail to GHN-ONLINE at:
12655 N. Central Expressway, Suite 550
Dallas, Texas 75243